WELL-BABY & VACCINATION UNIT
Clinical child screening in a healthy child clinic is an examination by a pediatrician or family med. specialist, to assess the well-being of the child through multiple planned visits.
The purpose of a clinical examination in a healthy child's clinic is to:
A. Ensure that the child the appointments for visits to monitor growth, take vaccinations according to the vaccination card, and educate family members about childhood diseases and the role of vaccinations in preventing them.
B. Educating the family about breastfeeding and its methods, knowing that the child has the right to breastfeed until two years of age (and weaning him in two years) see below.
C. Add iron compensators and vitamin D.
D. Screening children for autism symptoms.
Our operational components as in WHO :
1. Re-establishing outreach service
2. Supportive supervision
3. Linking services with communities
4. Monitoring and use of data for action
5. Planning and management of resources
Ten steps for successful breastfeeding and each facility should provide maternity and care services for newborns:
1. Have a written breastfeeding policy that is routinely communicated to all healthcare professionals
2. Train all health care personnel on the skills necessary to implement this policy.
3. Inform all pregnant women about the benefits and management of breastfeeding.
4. Helping mothers start breastfeeding within half an hour of birth.
5. Breastfeed training of mothers on how to maintain breastfeeding even if it should be
6. Not giving newborns any food or drink other than breast milk, unless indicated medically.
7. Equipping a room, allowing mothers and infants to stay together - 24 hours a day.
8. Encourage breastfeeding on demand.
9. Do not give artificial or sucker nipples
10. Encourage the creation of groups to support breastfeeding and refer mothers to them upon discharge from the hospital or clinic.
WELL-BABY AND VACCINATION PACKAGE
Contact us for more
Book an Appointment
visits to Well-Baby & Vaccination are 9 visits:(40 days after birth, 2
months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 Months, 18 months,
24 months, 4-6 years old). All visits included examination and screening
by a physician before vaccination.